When Carrie Bradshaw discovered on S-X on the City that she really was the Little Old Lady Who Lived with her Shoes, we all laughed. But, that was a few years ago when the world was an entirely different place. Today, many of us would not find that episode quite so amusing, as the economy has us all scaling back on our expenses. So, how do you prevent Carries fate? By creating a business plan for your wardrobe “ and sticking to it.
1. Write a mission statement. I want to dress like a c-level executive. as an entrepreneur, I want to express more of my creative side, or œI need a wardrobe where everything coordinates and travels well so I no longer have to think in the morning.
2. Find your signature look and stick with it. Hillary Clinton found her pantsuits. Michelle Obama has her sundresses. Its time to discover your own signature look.
- Which outfits do you feel comfortable in (both physically and mentally)?
- Which outfits have you been complimented on?
- Which ones do you know go together without any thought required?